Solar panels at our Stockton, CA facility
Niagara leads the beverage industry in energy efficiency.
Key initiatives include:
- Utilizing industry leading bottling equipment, laser-guided vehicles and automatic storage and retrieval systems to reduce emissions which create a healthy and safe environment for our Team Members
- Using alternative energy sources and expanding are usage of solar into our operations
- Incorporating skylights and automated lighting to decrease the energy used to power and light all of our plants
- Reducing the energy needed to transform plastic into formed bottles
- Technologies in lighting (LED) to reduce heat loads and electricity use while creating a safer and more productive work environment
Managing our carbon footprint through the use of recycled plastic (rPET)
Our 0.5L bottles have an embodied carbon footprint that is 46% below the U.S. average resulting in savings of 1.7 pounds of CO2 per pound of rPET produced.