Back to Open Positions
Production Operator - Allentown, PA
Send us your resume online
Niagara Bottling, LLC has been family owned and operated since 1963. We operate the most eco friendly and highest speed bottling lines in the world. We have expanded our production nationally with plants in Pennsylvania, Florida, California, Texas, Indiana and Arizona. Our ongoing commitments to our people, technology and customer service are the keys to our success.
As the largest manufacturer of private brand bottled water in the country, we work closely with the largest retail organizations in the world as well as an outstanding collection of world class suppliers. Our aggressive and empowered management team has led to explosive growth. Our growth is fueling the search for new team members that can help manage this growth moving forward.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking Production Operators for our plant in Allentown, PA. This position will be responsible for general housekeeping of the production area, packing, carton/tray making and stock handling of the production line and for quality of the product. Responsible for equipment working properly and adequate amount of supplies (raw materials) are staged in the work area.
What is the position responsible for?
- Responsible for overall maintaining of a production line, including starting and stopping of some equipment (palletizers, carton makers, carton sealers, drop packers).
- Responsible for completing and updating information forms and logs such as Machine Report, Quality Report, Downtime Report, Carton Top Load Report.
Understand and follow plant safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation.
- Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required.
- Will maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production, including the break rooms and rest rooms. Bale plastic, cardboard and contaminated bottles when needed; grind bottles when needed.
- Will keep bottle caps, labels, cartons, trays, tray and pallet wraps (plastic rolls) and pallet glue for hot melt tanks in adequate amounts to ensure continuous smooth running of equipment and operation.
- Maintain quality requirements in accordance with company standards; filling out hourly inspection sheets based on overall production quality. Responsible for reporting all quality defects.
- Ability to work in all assigned areas of production; perform relief duties when required.
- Stack, tie and label unused carton; troubleshoot minor production line issues; perform relief duties.
What is required for consideration?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with management and employees of organization. Must have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to communicate with different people.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for up to 12 hours; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. T
- he employee is frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
Why Niagara Water?
Since 1963 Niagara has been promoting the value of purified water to its customers. We still follow the ideals that were put in place when we were just a small family-owned business, valuing employees as family. Come and be a part of the Niagara Water growth and success!